Fundamentals of Change – Taking Charge of Change
Deepen your organisation’s understanding of change management and its value. This experiential learning program is designed with the flexibility to align with ANY organisational groups that may require the fundamental concepts of change management and establishes how an effective, consistent, and integrated approach to change management can benefit the entire organization.
This training workshop provides participants with an understanding of the fundamental concepts and organisational benefits of effective change management. The online Taking Charge of Change workshop applies five tenets of change management to a specific project or change initiative to build awareness and desire for change management.
Who Is This Course For?
- Senior leadership evaluating how change management can benefit their organisation
- High-potential leaders that need a better understanding of change management
- Key stakeholder groups that are impacted by significant organisational changes
- Change agents who need to understand fundamental concepts and establish a common language with change practitioners
- Project teams that need to understand what it means to apply change management
This workshop is not designed for change management practitioners and does not include any level of certification.
During the Taking Charge of Change workshop, participants will:
Establish a shared definition of change management and how it impacts organisational outcomes
- Understand the connection between the technical and people sides of change
- Understand the research and best practices around change management
Understand the value of change management
Learn and apply the five tenets of change to an initiative
- Complete diagnostics and assessments for the initiative
- Understand and apply the Prosci ADKAR® Model for individual change
- Develop an awareness of the three phases of organisational change
Develop a ‘commitment to action’ plan
The foundation of successful projects
- What is change management?
- Delivering results and outcomes
Tenet 1: We change for a reason
- The reasons for change
- Change as a process
Tenet 2: Organisational change requires individual change
- Individuals as the unit of change
- Impacted groups and aspects of job change
Tenet 3: Organisational outcomes are the collective result of individual change
- Connecting individuals to organisational change
- ROI factors of effective change
Tenet 4: Change management is an enabling framework
- The Prosci Methodology
- Top contributors to success
- Change management roles
- Resistance management
Tenet 5: We apply change management to realise the benefits of change
- Mobilising adoption and usage
- Action items and next steps
Program workbook and handouts
- Best Practices in Change Management – 11th Edition Excerpt
- Change Management: The People Side of Change
- Research Hub – Best Practices in Change Management – 11th Edition and Applications of ADKAR (one-year subscription)
Talk to us
Get in touch with the team at Change Enablement and we will get back to you shortly.